[Buddha-l] Useful for Enlightenment?

Piya Tan dharmafarer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 10:12:14 MST 2009

Thanks guys for the refreshing and liberating gesture.

Eastern wisdom is being ijacked by greedy publishers like ravaging
conquistadores of the colonial days. They took away our natural
resources, processed them and then sold them back to us at great
profits for themselves. This is being familiarly replayed.

We (Asians) often try to publish Dharma books for free distribution.
Now we should read them more instead of treating them as fetishes and
totems..

I also recall once (decades back) when a local dana group had printed
Walpola Rahula's "What the Buddha Taught" but the Sinhalese Chief High
Priest in Malaysia reported piracy to the publisher, and the free
books had to be withdrawn.

Anyway we now have much better books by scholars who practise Dharma
than bookish monks who turn the Vinaya and the Buddha on their heads.

Let us work together for a freer Buddhism.

Metta to all,

Piya Tan