[Buddha-l] karma and consequences

Alberto Todeschini at8u at virginia.edu
Tue Mar 17 14:34:25 MDT 2009

Vicente wrote:

> At least to me, for sure who deny the causality in the phenomena of
> this world; including the appearance of consciousness and rebirth.

Hi Vicente,

I'm not sure that I follow you here. I wasn't denying causality. Of
course, as you well know, there still isn't an agreed upon explanation
of causality in philosophy.

And I'm not denying karma either. What I was pointing at is that I see
no evidence in its favor. So, while personally I don't believe in karma,
I'm curious to see what people that do accept it count as evidence.
Perhaps I'm naive to think that people would want to see evidence before
committing to a doctrine like that of karma. I realize that insisting to
see evidence to some people may sound like an obsession with rationality
or a scientific way to do things.

Best,

Alberto Todeschini