[Buddha-l] Religion and aggressive treatment

W. Codling waynewc at telus.net
Wed Mar 18 21:23:31 MDT 2009

Weng-Fai Wong wrote:

> Wayne Codling wrote...
>
>> It's probably significant that for Christians, post-mortem existence is
>> permanent.  The stakes are high; eternal heaven or hell.
>>

> Strange... if heaven is so desirable and you believe that by believing in
> Christ you for sure will get there, then shouldn't you want to get there
> earlier rather than later?
Yes, right up until a moment of doubt arises.  There will certainly be a
moment of doubt before death
actually occurs and if that moment of doubt arises well before then fear
alone would prompt a wish to
put off crossing that threshold.  A moment of true doubt is a moment of
true terror and those with limited
familiarity with uncertainty could well cling to life, our only shot at
heaven.