[Buddha-l] "Western Self, Asian Other"

Ralf Steckel ralf.steckel at online.ms
Fri Jan 1 12:21:05 MST 2010

--- begin snip

What puzzles me is that there are western scholars of Buddhism who seem to subtly disdain the entire field of study and practice, western as well as Asian.

--- end snip

Dear forum,

practicing Buddhism would give every scholar of Buddhism the chance to have a direct and experimental access his or her field of study. So i'm a bit astonished that so few do. I can imagine that some scholars and scientists of different academic disciplines would be grateful if there still would exist a living tradition of their topic of interest.

Just my thoughts,

Ralf Steckel