[Buddha-l] So much for that.

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Fri Jan 1 18:44:13 MST 2010

 On Behalf Of Jim Peavler
We were supposed to abstain from intoxicants?

On Jan 1, 2010, at 2:23 PM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> I think our idea to hold a wake to make sure buddha-l was
really dead and not just playing 'possum was a wise one. Now that
the corpse has sprung back to life and joined in the dancing, you
and I can go drink ourselves into a stupor and perhaps debate on
whether the fifth precept is really the teaching of the Buddha or
an interpolation by some presbyterians from Kansas. Abstaining
from intoxicants sounds to me like Protestant Buddhism if there
ever was such a thing.