[Buddha-l] Top-posting was [Re: Western Self, Asian Other]

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Jan 4 20:56:14 MST 2010

On Jan 4, 2010, at 5:14 PM, Alex Wilding wrote:

> Sorry, we're drifting off-topic,

That's because collectively we have attention deficiency disorder.

> but I have to say that I find bottom
> posting quite annoying.

Yes, it is nearly as bad as top-posting. The middle path between top-posting and bottom-posting is to intermingle one's remarks with the specific sentences to which on is responding. If a reader wishes to read the entire message into which comments have been interspersed, it is very easy to go to the archives to find an original message. If that is too tedious, then one can use a mail client that sorts messages into threads. Unless one is using an email program written before 1998, this is fairly easy to do.

> I like to see what the person has to say, if it
> interests me enough I can go to the context.

One can do that by following a thread.

> Please, dear members, top post wherever possible!

Please do not listen to Alex. He has gone wild.

Richard