[Buddha-l] haiti

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Sat Jan 16 09:09:48 MST 2010

Everybody had problems getting aid to the scene --at one point
the airport had too many planes on the tarmac--plane triage was
necessary--then the roads through to Port au Prince are blocked
in various ways.
I heard on radio that some aiders had been parachuting in, but
nothing about it has surfaced in "regular" media, far as I can
tell.  Might have been a wish instead of a fact.

Maybe for earthquakes hitting urban areas, aid organizations need
to develop a few aid ninjas, expert in parachuting with large
backpacks (in addition to the parachute pack) in order to get
basics delivered early before thousands die of thirst or
starvation.

A recommended aid monitor is here:
http://www.charitynavigator.org/

Joanna

am curious where / how our noble host monitors aid 'tho it may be
too far offtopic

often tzu chi is able to get aid in before others (red cross,
etc) arrive on scene - but not haiti apparently (
http://tzuchi.org )

metta

          .:.  Gary Gach  .:.
Haiku Corner : http://community.tricycle.com Buddhist news :