[Buddha-l] Vajrayana on buddha in the Buddha (Mitchell Ginsberg)

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Jan 16 13:36:06 MST 2010

On Jan 16, 2010, at 1:21 PM, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> the late William Safire.

When was he ever late? I always found Safire fairly punctual, not to mention punctilious and punctuational. Despite his ridiculously right-wing political views, he was by quite some bit my favorite writer on language and trends in its usage and abusage. It is my conviction that every Buddhist should be required to memorize Safire quotations and to recite them as they circumambulate their copy of the Oxford English Dictionary.

Two of my favorites:

"If you re-read your work, you can find on re-reading a great deal of repetition can be avoided by re-reading and editing."

"Is sloppiness in speech caused by ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care."