[Buddha-l] Bright Buddhists [was] Vajrayana on buddha in the Buddha (Mitchell Ginsberg)

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Sat Jan 16 14:09:15 MST 2010

On Jan 16, 2010, at 1:09 PM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2010, at 10:33 AM, Jim Peavler wrote:
>
> It's quite possible you are a Bright, Dr Peavler. You might want to find out whether that's what you are by looking at their website: http://www.the-brights.net/

As it happens I was a charter Bright, having been already an email follower of prof Dawkins (who is a lot more militant an atheist than I am). I have trouble getting very emotional about my atheism. Seems to me that atheism should be a sin of omission rathe than a sin of commission. I even use the little blue  Brights' logo sometimes. Brights also have a pretty good Facebook presence in that they hardly ever do anything but appear in your "Groups" list and make you look smart.

Dr. James M. Peavler
jmp at peavler.org
http://www.vivanewmexico.com/blog

"When the experts are agreed, the opposite opinion cannot be held to be certain;
When [they] are not agreed, no opinion can be regarded  as certain by a non-expert;
when they all hold that no sufficient grounds for a positive opinion to exist, the ordinary man would do will to suspend his judgement."Bertrand Russell.