[Buddha-l] Vajrayana on buddha in the Buddha (Mitchell Ginsberg)

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Jan 18 13:14:25 MST 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 1:01 PM, Jim Peavler wrote:

> Agnew only knew that one phrase in Latin and could not forbear using it in jest.

On the other hand, Agnew was obviously a scholar of Arabic. He used the word "nabob," which comes into English from the Arabic "nuwwāb", plural of "nā'ib" meaning governor. I am not sure why the Republicans don't talk more about their glamorous californicating nuwwāb Nixon, Reagan and Schwarzenegger. Not a natterer among them, and nothing but unalloyed positivity.

Richard