[Buddha-l] Subject: the poignancy of Donald Lopez

Timothy Smith smith at wheelwrightassoc.com
Mon Jan 18 13:21:31 MST 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> I'm glad you mentioned Kosuta's M.A. thesis, on which I happen to have been one of the examiners when he defended it........

Thanks Richard.  This type of wonderful post is one of the reasons that I continue to follow Buddha-l.  I think this issue of
authoritarianism in spiritual practice is one that has kept me from drinking too deeply from any of the kool aid fonts
I've been attracted to over the years.  This post sums it up nicely, and points toward some sources for greater understanding.