[Buddha-l] Vinaya Texts trans/ed. by Oldenberg

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Thu Jan 28 20:21:42 MST 2010

Thanks, Donna, for taking all this trouble.

Joanna K.

_______________________________________

Aloha,
   You may be able to acquire them and photocopy the parts you
are most interested in via the Interlibrary Loan department at a
university or large public library near you.  I did a search via
OCLC Connexion and found quite a few records.
   If you are working with a librarian who is unfamiliar with the
texts, the following information might help in the search.  These
are MARC (MAchine Readable Cataloging) fields of an online
catalog record.  The uniform title (field 130) in particular will
help a librarian to find the work.

130 Tipitaka. $p Vinayapitaka.
245 The Vinaya Pitaka / $c edited by Hermann Oldenberg.
260 [Oxford] : $b Humphrey Milford, Oxford University Press, $c
1929- 300 v. <2 > ; $c 23 cm.
500 At head of title :"Pali Text Society".
650 Buddhism $x Sacred books.
700 Oldenberg, Hermann, d 1854-1920.
710 Pali Text Society.

Hope this helps.

                    	Have a safe and joyful day,

 			donna Bair-Mundy
 			Instructor, LIS Program
 			Information & Computer Sci. Dept.
 			POST Bldg., Room 314-D
 			University of Hawai`i at Manoa
 			1680 East-West Road
 			Honolulu, HI 96822
 			Voice: 808-956-3973 Fax: 808-956-3548
 			<donnab at hawaii.edu>

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, JKirkpatrick wrote:

> I'm wondering what the status of these translations is today.
> Would anyone knowledgeable kindly comment?
> Is this material now among the Vinaya texts available on
> accesstoinsight, or are these texts different from what's
online?