[Buddha-l] If you have a problem with your subscription...

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun Jan 31 12:59:23 MST 2010

Dear denizens,

It is wonderful that buddha-l has become a virtual community in which people feel comfortable about turning to their virtual neighbors for support. There are, however, a few matters that are most efficiently handled by getting in contact directly with the administrators of the discussion group, who are Jim Peavler (jmp at peavler.org) and I.

Anything having to do with your subscription (such as problems changing your address, inquiries about why you might be being moderated, questions about why you are not able to post, questions about the official buddha-l recommended cure for hemorrhoids and so forth) can be handled by writing to Jim or me. If you can't remember our addresses, you can get something to us very quickly by sending a message to buddha-l-onwer at mailman.swcp.com. A message sent there will be forwarded to us. (It will also send you a polite automated reply inviting you to send such notes in the future to jmp at peavler.org.)

There are many things you can do by yourself, without having to contact a living human being. You can change your address, unsubscribe, change settings for how your receive messages from buddha-l, change the visibility of your subscription and a few other things by going to http://mailman.swcp.com/mailman/listinfo/buddha-l and scrolling down to the button called "Unsubscribe or edit options". You will need your password to edit your subscription options. (You do remember your password, don't you? If not, you can get a new one sent to your e-mail address. It will enable you to sign in and change your password to something you are likely to be able to remember.)

Despite the fact that buddha-l is located in New Mexico, home of an estimated 5,000 nuclear warheads, it is not yet possible for a buddha-l subscriber to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike from his or her laptop. We are working on correcting this oversight in future upgrades.

Richard Hayes
rhayes at unm.edu