[Buddha-l] Brahma & Abraham

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Sat Mar 6 10:41:25 MST 2010

Worth noting for that percent of us on this list who are women:
The Buddha's mother, beautiful Mayadevi, had been reincarnated as
a man by the time the Buddha got to Tushita to convert 'her' to
his teachings. This is another element suggestive about his
hesitation to allow bhikkhunis in the sangha. In his time there
must already have been that ambiguity, confusion or debate around
the idea that liberation was only for males.
Joanna

Hi Dan,

Not anymore. I just discovered a vulnerability in Pali Buddhism
through which the biggest backdoor Trojan could be dragged in.
Moses and the Extraterrestials? Jesus meets Buddha? You name it,
in Tusita anything is possible. Does anyone have any plausible
reason there was no meeting between Buddha and a previous
reincarnaton of Jesus in Tusita, in body and in spirit, while he
was visiting his deceased and reincarnated mother there? A whole
field of research has been left unexplored until now. Let the
Hindus keep their Transcendent and the scientists their Quantum
Physics, this stuff is so much hotter! You thought something was
impossible? In Tusita the sky is the limit! In academic debates,
when things start looking a bit desperate for you, play the
Tusita trump. "Yes, but have you considered the possibility..."
Not confining, liberating!

Joy