[Buddha-l] mind wandering

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Fri Nov 12 12:07:31 MST 2010

Fritz,

If you're in the jungle or among the many predators of the period
when humans first began walking around and trying to feed
themselves, you had to be alert to everything which means you
could not focus on any one thing--eyes in back of head mode.

Joanna

Dan,

Sheesh, thanks for distracting me from what I was doing!

But seriously, this is one of those findings that makes we wonder
about our evolutionary adaptedness. What could be the benefit of
this mind wandering? There has got to be some powerful advantage
to something we engage in for almost half of our waking lives.
Right?

Franz