[Buddha-l] Personality disorders and anatta

Stefan Detrez stefan.detrez at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 13:05:24 MST 2010

That's a bold generalization. I feel however uncomfortable with the idea
that non-Western psychotherapies are in every way better than all Western
psychotherapies. Not wanting to generalize, I think some Western
psychotherapies have, with trial and error, produced good results. How ideas
of atta and anatta are involved is unknown to me. Can you point me to
Buddhist-grounded therapies which deal with for instance psychotic
personality disorders or adhd? Can such therapies deal with these fine
spectra? How do you say to a psychotic person he or she's self-obsessed and
should develop bodhicitta. Do you think it will cure that person?