[Buddha-l] Paper: When the Saints Go Marching In (Lachs)

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Fri Apr 15 19:50:13 MDT 2011

[....]
Sometimes I'm reading and writing in the German Zen-Email-List
'Zenforum'. Whenever I mention the words ethics and silas, people
there become very angry - they don't even like to discuss the
silas, because that's dualistic thinking and not Zen :-))

--
http://www.mb-schiekel.de/
GPG-Key available: GnuPG-2.0.12

"Whenever I mention the words ethics and silas, people there
become very angry - they don't even like to discuss the silas,
because that's dualistic thinking and
not Zen :-))"

This interesting remark sums up my problem with the Zen modus
operandi: in Zen
it's 'either/or', while I find 'both/and' to be more productive
of insight and compassion.

Best, Joanna K.