[Buddha-l] Karmapa once again

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Wed Feb 9 11:07:41 MST 2011

When I was in South China last year I saw Tibetan Buddhism was
thriving.
Stupas and monasteries are restorated and many ceremonies are
presided by Tibetan monks. Tibetan Buddhism has a good reputation
for bringing good fortune and Chinese love nothing better than
that.

erik

Hi erik
Yes, in fact--since the most recent anti-Chinese riots in Lhasa
etc-- there have been reports that ever more Han Chinese are
becoming Tibetan Buddhism devotees, but no reason given. Thanks
for supplying the motive:  FU.    :-)
Now if the US could get some of that...........but our karma is
probably too stained from our foreign policies.
jk