[Buddha-l] Buddha's Meditation

Franz Metcalf franz at mind2mind.net
Thu Jul 7 18:07:24 MDT 2011

Joy et al.,

You described the Buddhist goal as

> A mind that doesn't need to be validated through anything else.
> Self evident and unfalsifiable. Does it need to be proved, can it
> be proved through science or other valid cognitions?  Who cares?
> Probably not the noble one with his mind free from hostility, free
> from ill will, undefiled, & pure.

This is totally fine by me and is, I agree, the basis of the Buddhist
religion. I only meant to argue that it is not science, nor really
even in line with scientific method. But, as you say, who cares? Not
the Buddha. And, in that case, from the perspective of salvation, it
shouldn't be us, either!

Franz