[Buddha-l] Fw: Buddha's Meditation

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Jul 8 13:47:42 MDT 2011

On Jul 8, 2011, at 13:30 , Gad Horowitz wrote:

> In paragraphs 2 and 3 of this post of yours, Richard, is it not "finding
> satisfaction in life" that serves as the fundamental criterion in your
> argument?

I see it as a hypothetical claim: IF one seeks satisfaction in life, then one can find it either by sticking with one pursuit or by pursuing many. I don't see anything I have said as suggesting that everyone is pursuing some kind of satisfaction in life.

>  Do not be so quick to dismiss a well intentioned question.

I didn't mean to dismiss it. I thought I answered it by saying that I was not supposing that satisfaction is the pursuit of everyone.

>  Why is your lip curling?

Don't mistake a smile for a snarl.