[Buddha-l] Bourgeois Buddhism

Stefan Detrez stefan.detrez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 10:44:38 MDT 2011

2011/10/4 Randall Jones <randall.bernard.jones at gmail.com>

> At 10:58 AM 10/4/2011, Stefan wrote:
> >Someone
> >can claim to be a chicken, but you can only believe them when they lay an
> >egg.

Not sure what you're saying here, but if it is that Buddhists should
> be known by what they do (rather than what they are), perhaps you're
> onto something. What do you think they do?
>
> And what's wrong with answering, "They say they're Buddhist."

That just by saying you are something doesn't prove you actually are that
something. It's insufficient proof for what they claim. What I want is
decisive proof and there's nothing wrong in setting up a definition. What if
a lunatic claims he's Napoleon? IS he then Napoleon?

Stefan