[Buddha-l] Rice & Dragons

James A. Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Sun Apr 15 00:45:57 MDT 2012

> On Apr 14, 2012, at 10:04 PM, "Dan Lusthaus" <vasubandhu at earthlink.net>
wrote:
> > Since you seem to be averse to gathering facts BEFORE you pontificate, I
> > guess you are finding this a strain.
>
> Bad guess. Not your first.

While I always enjoy a Dan v. Coyote spif, I have to ask why Buddhism going
away is such a bad thing.  Yes, maybe the truth about suffering might be
useful, but the suffering over the protection of the truth about suffering can
be more suffering that it is worth.  The Bamiyan sculptures were a treasure of
mankind, but their destruction is not really any catastrophe. Or is Buddhism
guilty as charged regarding the idolatry?

(And this is something of a test. My posts to Buddha-hell do not seem to be
making it into the depths of the avici.