[Buddha-l] FW: CONF Symposium: Gender, Sex, Pollution in Buddhist Discourse, Los Angeles, USC, February 3-4, 2012

Alex Wilding alex at chagchen.org
Fri Feb 3 04:21:33 MST 2012

Hi Jo,
> ... you apparently aren't aware that the women doomed
> to the blood pond in hell are women who died during
> childbirth. They are, in effect, being punished,
> as it were, for murdering  infants (and their fertility).
No, I wasn't aware of that at all. I'd never heard of this before. How
outlandish, and how unpleasant! And how do the proponents of this view
square it with basic Buddhist principles such as motivation being a key
factor karma?
That's a rhetorical question, of course, but for anyone involved in that
sort of Buddhism it would be serious.
I see where you are coming from now.
All the best
Alex Wilding