[Buddha-l] Check out The Right's Stupidity Spreads, Enabled by a Too-Polite Left

Jo jkirk at spro.net
Sat Feb 11 13:53:53 MST 2012

Stan,
As I read the article it admits that there are plenty of intelligent people
on the right. It did however view their political roles with a certain
irony.
Joanna

Stan wrote:
I tend to think that only one on the Left could seriously write this sort of
stuff.  Note the tone of equanimity.  One major fallacy is to correlate
intelligence with a particular ideology.  Intellectual honesty would lead
one to note that there are plenty of highly intelligent people on the Right.
The problem with many on the Left is that they will not claim their
opponents are mistaken, but that they are stupid and evil.  This isn't my
general experience of the highly intelligent and articulate people on the
Right.