[Buddha-l] Check out The Right's Stupidity Spreads

Jo jkirk at spro.net
Sat Feb 18 18:33:14 MST 2012

> It seems to me that we can pretty safely conclude that when human beings
are involved in setting up institutions, whether they be governments or
religious institutions, there is not much reason to believe that the results
are sure to be enlightened and benevolent. It really makes very little
difference what people say they believe or why they say they believe it. If
they are human beings, expect greed, hatred and delusion to be the norm. And
if they are human beings claiming to be acting on the authority of a higher
power, expect greed, hatred and delusion to be the norm, and to be deemed
acceptable.

The examples above are so many instances of firm belief. The more benevolent
institutions always come from those who don't believe, but discuss. As
Bakhtim has taught us: the good things come from dialogue.

erik
" As Bakhtin has taught us: the good things come from dialogue."

In my country's politics, if only.

Joanna