[Buddha-l] A Query re Gregory Schopen's UCLA 2009 lecture

Christopher Fynn chris.fynn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 02:24:01 MDT 2012

On 06/03/2012, Margaret Gouin <gouin.me at gmail.com> wrote:

> And David, transcribing a public talk (as opposed to dictated
> correspondence) is *never* a piece of cake, with or without shorthand. I've
> done a lot (and I have shorthand). Try it for yourself.

Probably the only people that are good at that are experienced court
and Hansard stenographers.

I once visited the late Dudjom Rinpoche in Kalimpong - and, while he
was talking to me, - and without  notes - he was dictating four books
on four different topics to four monk-scribes. Talk about multi
tasking.