[Buddha-l] Buddhist stupa to be moved from NM Petroglyph Park

Jo ugg-5 at spro.net
Tue Oct 2 13:49:49 MDT 2012

Richard:

I inadvertently said what I meant. Must have been a Freudian slip. I´m actually in favour of keeping religion completely out of sight, but for the time being a good first step would be to keep it completely out of public schools and courts

JK >I agree--out of public schools and courts-- but this has nothing to do with a built item, such as a stupa. You can't bring one of those into either a court or a school...although I guess a judge could order a visit to one, or a school teaching comparative religions would do so as well.

RH: (I find swearing on a Bible quite offensive and have always refused to do it) and inaugurations of new presidents. I also oppose flag worship, but good luck banning that.

JK> I agree with the rest--although if testifying in a court, I'd probably not refuse to swear on a Bible, in case someone on the jury would discredit my forthcoming evidence.
Especially annoying is forcing presidential candidates to declare their religious piety, even if in terms of their conscience they lack it. And then there is the motto on our coinage. Good luck banning that.
JK