[Buddha-l] Bangladesh Muslim lovefest

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Oct 3 07:20:43 MDT 2012

On Oct 2, 2012, at 11:52 PM, "Dan Lusthaus" <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> wrote:

> It might be instructive and fun to actually discuss Buddhist karma theory on this list, if the snide asides and digressions could be avoided. Let's see if that's possible.

Of course it's possible. The long and disjointed account you give of the Vimsika seems pretty much right to me, though poorly written. What I don't find in the Vimsika, or even your account of it, is a warrant for your splenetic rants against Islam, which show more of your own personal animosity than they show of Buddhist wisdom and compassion. You are entitled to your prejudices. Just don't try to justify them by claiming that they are consistent with Buddhism. And don't try to claim that those who don't share your hostility don't understand Buddhism.

Richard Hayes