[Buddha-l] Bangladesh Muslim lovefest

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Wed Oct 3 11:13:19 MDT 2012

Dan, Joanna, Tim -

two thoughts, and then I'll have to return to my suddenly argumentative
scanner and its obstinate message:

"can't open TWAIN source".

First. A large segment of the Subcontinent's population was historically
deprived of the possibility to articulate its experiences and existential
fears.

And is being deprived even now. By archaeology. Philology. High falluting
Indology. Even Buddhology.

The relationship between the proces of internal colonization and the
phenomenon of untouchability?

Second. For Dan. About shreds of evidence. Read more, please, of Mahavamsa.
And - calling someone (like Richard Eaton) a revisionist, does not make
them one.

Regards,

Artur Karp
Senior Lecturer in Sanskrit and Pali (ret.)
South Asian Studies Dept.
University of Warsaw
Poland

P.S. And quite seriously. Was Mr. Pol Pot a Buddhist?

A.