[Buddha-l] Canada cancels non-Christian prison chaplaincies

L.S. Cousins selwyn at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 10 09:19:34 MDT 2012

On 10/10/2012 16:05, Richard Hayes wrote:
> One percent of the Canadian population claims to be Buddhist. Two
> percent of the inmates in Canadian prisons claim to be Buddhist. This
> means that the proportion of Buddhists in prison is double the
> proportion of Buddhists in the general population.

I doubt that the accuracy level for the population is particularly
reliable. So there may be no real difference here.

In any case, all this would say is that some people when there is a
reason or need for making a choice will pick Buddhist and may not make
any choice under other circumstances.

Lance Cousins