[Buddha-l] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Richard Hayes richard.hayes.unm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 14:08:06 MDT 2013

On Apr 11, 2013, at 13:55, Lidewij Niezink <lidewij at gmail.com> wrote:

> How about we get all connected through linkedin then?

Normally, I would agree with Lidewij—in fact, I think I was at one time connected with her on LinkedIn. Then I decided to cancel my account. It turns out LinkedIn is like the Cockroach Motel: you can link in, but you can't link out. I keep getting invitations to connect to people on LinkedIn. At the bottom of the invitations is a link that tells me I can stop getting these annoying invitations. I click on the link, and it takes me to the LinkedIn log in page. Of course, I can't log in, because I cancelled my account. So I am doomed to received unanswerable invitations for the rest of eternity. Is that karma, or what?

Abraham LinkedIn