[Buddha-l] Buddhist Summer Camp?

Bernie Simon bsimon at toad.net
Thu Apr 7 09:45:00 MDT 2005

  Franz Metcalf <franzmetcalf at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Just got a query from a reader of my Buddhism-for-teens book, asking if
> I knew of any Buddhist Summer camps. To be exact, the father thought
> his "son would benefit from a Zen Monk/Tennis pro who could teach the
> Buddhist values through the game of tennis."

I think your correspondent was thinking of the book "The Inner Game of
Tennis." I don't know of any camp based on the book, but you can check
the web site.

http://www.theinnergame.com/html/Inner_Tennis_home.html

The only Buddhist Summer camp I know of is the Shambhala Sun Camp.

http://www.shambhalamountain.org/program_detail.php?retreat=391

There are various yoga camps, some aimed at teens. Omega has the
advantage of not being tied to one particular guru.

http://www.omegateencamp.org/

----
Homeopathy Awareness Week April 10th-16th
http://carelesshand.net