Fw: [Buddha-l] Moment of individuation [was: This pope] (ZiobroII)

r.g.morrison sgrmti at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 15:15:23 MDT 2005

Subject: Re: Fw: [Buddha-l] Moment of individuation [was: This pope]
(ZiobroII)

: On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, jkirk wrote:
: > As I understand the Catholic view, animals don't have souls, an
additional
: > consideration to the assumption by humans who "do" have souls -- and
were
: > given dominion over nature --that it's OK to torture, kill, etc animals.
 Stan Ziobro:
: The Catholic view is that animals have souls, they just are not rational
: or intellectual souls.

So there must be animals in heaven!  But can you tell me what authoritive
text says that animals have souls. If they do, then why are Catholics not
vegetarian or vegan?  Is this what's meant by 'soul food'?  I was brought up
a Catholic, and this view is totally contrary to all I was taught.

Robert Morrison