[Buddha-l] Animals have Soul? Cool...

Malcolm Dean malcolmdean at runbox.com
Tue Apr 12 18:43:37 MDT 2005

> The Catholic view is that animals have souls, they just are not rational
> or intellectual souls.
>
> Stan Ziobro

What's you're sorce, Stan? I seem to remember a scene from Eco's 'In the Name of the Rose' where the young monk was instructed that it was alright to eat flesh which does not have a soul. Most of the Catholic dialog I have seen on the Web takes the measure of this question as being whether animals and pets will arrive in Heaven, along with the Lucky Few, and avoid the abysmal fate reserved for the rest of us (Buddhists).

Malcolm Dean
Sodom, CA