[Buddha-l] the way to peace

Shantavira shantavira at windhorsepublications.com
Fri Apr 15 12:11:11 MDT 2005

Greetings from a cold wet Moseley

I am copyediting a manuscript in which the author attributes to the Buddha
the statement "There is no way to peace; peace is the way". I suspect this
is one of those many platitudes put into the mouth of the Buddha for
credibility. Besides, doesn't it contradict the third noble truth? She is
(as yet) unable to provide a source, but Googling the phrase does favour the
Buddha (along with Thich Nhat Hanh and a few others) but no one cites a
source. Does anyone here think it could be attributed to the Buddha, and /
or where might it be found?

Shantavira