[Buddha-l] translation of Je Tsongkhapa's small lam rim ?

Bill Kish wdkish81 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 13:20:36 MDT 2005

Ron Leifer:

> Craig Preston has written a book on the Tenet System.
> I don't have the title right at hand. He has been
> translating Tsonghapa for quite a while but I don't
> know if he has inclluded the Lam Rim in this book. If
> you can't locate it, let me know and I'll get the
> exact reference for you.,

Is this the one he recently co-authored with Daniel Cozort
(Buddhist Philosophy: Losang Gonchok's Short Commentary to
Jamyang Shayba's "Root Text on Tenets") ?  If so, then the
short lam rim is not included therein.  One of his other
books, "How to Read Classical Tibetan", uses the "Summary
of the General Path" (part of the "lam rim chem mo") for
teaching grammar, but this is a different text than the
"byang chub lam gyi rim pa chung ba". Perhaps he will use
the short lam rim in volume 2 of HtRCT.

---------
Bill Kish