[Buddha-l] Re: Moment of individuation

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Apr 20 13:46:39 MDT 2005

Amen to that. It had been rumored about before the new Pope selection that
the cardinals would come up with an old guy who would not be Pope for too
long, a transition figure, perhaps. Seems plausible. So She may not have too
much work to do....unless he beats the odds.
I often wonder if declarations of heresy and gag rules on clerics are as
common among Buddhist monastics as they became since former Cardinal
Ratzinger (now Pope Benedictus 16) became ruler of the Holy Office, or the
grand inquisitor. He together with Pope JPII, silenced such eminent
theologians as Hans Kueng, Edward Schillebeeckx, Charles Curran of the US,
and a liberation theologian Leonardo Boff of Brazil.
Joanna