[Buddha-l] Buddhist Charities (was Will new the pope verify Buddhist doctrine?)

Peter D. Junger junger at samsara.law.cwru.edu
Fri Apr 22 09:17:43 MDT 2005

I think that it is hardly surprising that there are few if any
extensive charities established by Western Buddhist organizations,
if only because there are few well-off Western Buddhist organizations.

Buddhists who want to endow hospitals or professorships or soup-kitchens
or give funds for tsunami relief are not likely to do so in the name of
Buddhism, but that does not mean that Western Buddhists are less
charitably inclined than other individuals.

I doubt if there are any statistics on the relative wealth and the
relative charitable donations of Buddhists.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger at samsara.law.cwru.edu    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu