[Buddha-l] OS X

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Apr 28 19:19:49 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 20:59 -0400, Bernie Simon wrote:

> > That's acceptable, since OSX is actually Linux in drag.
>
> Actually it's BSD Unix in drag.

Aha. I was misinformed. Thanks for the correction.

> Whether BSD or Linux is technically superior is subject to endless
> flame wars on places like Slashdot, much like the discussion of the
> merit of the concept of buddha nature here.

Even within the Linux world there are endless flame wars over which
distribution is better, with some claiming they would probably rather
die than use an allegedly substandard distribution of Linux. Just as I
stay out of all flame wars concerning Buddha nature, I abstain
completely from the Linux wars. I reckon all versions of Linux and UNIX
are pretty good, just as I reckon all forms of Buddhism are pretty good.
At least all forms of Buddhism are better than Windows.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy