[Buddha-l] liturgical languages]

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Fri Apr 29 16:38:00 MDT 2005

Richard: Let me note my contribution about Buddhist monks chanting in
Kalaw, Burma.
Reading this (RH, below) you'd think nobody had ever reported
anything from first-hand experience about Theravadin chanting
that disagrees with your take on it. I said that what I heard was
melodious and beautiful, and I do not have a tin ear.
I implied that the monks had not deliberately, or otherwise, made
their unison chanting cacophonous.
I guess that makes you a true intellectual, indifferent to your
list-surroundings.
JK