[Buddha-l] The religious practice of going after someone's job--India/USA

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Fri Jul 1 12:36:12 MDT 2005

This is very sad to hear about. It is a frightening manifestation
of that basic law of physics: "politics make strange bedfellows".
I am personally very sympathetic to the idea that the "secularist"
critique of religion is woefully misapplied in the case of the
indigenous religions of India. But how can one muster any
sympathy for such a blatant attempt to stifle intellectual freedom
as this? When did Hinduism become just another rallying cry for
reactionary bigots?

- Curt