[Buddha-l] Re: fundamentalism

StormyTet at aol.com StormyTet at aol.com
Sat Jul 2 19:57:13 MDT 2005

In a message dated 7/2/2005 8:16:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Bshmr at aol.com writes:

Hi  rbb,
You said in re. to the homosexuality issue in black america:
:
That said, 'faith' had less influence than 'history' and 'dreams'.

I guess I agree with this. When I was at Vanderbilt divinity school I  took a
class on slave religion and came to realize how adaptive black american
religion was in re. to dealing with social issues. They focused on the biblical
texts that served their political agenda.  I think that the black  community,
and many religionists, use their texts in order to foster support for  their
'dreams.'  I may be wrong, but I think this is done, primarily,  unconsciously.

Everything we need to know we learned in Kindergarten?
Stormy