[Buddha-l] Academicians Claim Buddha Turned Into European Saint

StormyTet at aol.com StormyTet at aol.com
Tue Jul 5 16:26:42 MDT 2005

In a message dated 7/5/2005 12:20:09 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
jkirk at spro.net writes:

Soon  many
aficionados were doing it, including composers of music who hunted  down folk
music and incorporated it into their folkloristic concert hall  compositions.
These collecting enterprises accompanied and supported  rising nationalism
among the various state/ethnic entities of  Europe.

This is facinating. I would love to learn more about this. I wonder if this
is connected with the folk tradition departments in Europe -- a phenomena I
always found interesting. I have read that these departments are in a bit of a
crisis in terms of moving toward a more Western Anthropological model.

Stormy