[Buddha-l] Re: fundamentalism

Stanley J. Ziobro II ziobro at wfu.edu
Wed Jul 6 08:51:56 MDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, jkirk wrote:

> =====================
> I don't apply the political test --liberal-conservative-polarity-- in the
> matter of home schooling, I prefer the "cultural" test------right-wing
> Christians are maintaining their home culture by home schooling, and
> liberals who do so (few though they may be, I'd guess) are doing likewise.

I find this halpful.  Thank you.

> You can kids them anything if you are home schooling! My Christian
> born-again niece home schooled her two boys and in the process, with help
> from church etc, learned of a bunch of home school parents such that they
> all were able to arrange group get-togethers for all the kids, borrow gym
> facilities in local schools (who are ever generous, but then the home
> schoolers are also paying taxes). Thus the kids got some sports excercise
> and peer socializing -- were not isolated in their homes. I've heard it
> works this way for most of the Christian home schoolers. They have got it
> very well-organized.

A group of Catholic home-schoolers I know of have also arranged their
programs so that the sorts of interactions you outline here transpire.
Rumor has it that I may give a talk or two to this group in the future.
I'm interested to learn more about their methods.

Stan Ziobro