[Buddha-l] Re: fundamentalism

Stanley J. Ziobro II ziobro at wfu.edu
Wed Jul 6 18:34:11 MDT 2005

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, r.g.morrison wrote:

> Well if any do become scholars of Buddhism, then let's hope their first task
> will be to confront their pope, and sort out the stupid and ill-founded
> views he has on Buddhism!

Confront the Pope?  Gads, man, do you want to be reborn in one of the
non-human realms?  But your point is well taken.  It always struck me as
odd that, with the wealth of Buddhist scholarship available to all and
sundry, the Pope would limit himself to taking the advice of those who
only seem to conclude that the nexus of Buddhisms is exemplified in
autoeroticism.

Stan Ziobro