[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhism and Politics

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Wed Jul 27 13:22:34 MDT 2005

A libertine is a person who does as she or he
pleases. A libertarian is someone who believes
that everyone has the right to do as she or he
pleases. I feel sorry for anyone who is a libertarian
but not a libertine - what would be the point?
I would suspect, though, that anyone who claims
to be a libertarian, but is not in fact a libertine, is
just a scaredy-cat libertarian wannabe. Probably
an avid reader of Ayn Rand, too.

- Curt