[Buddha-l] Re: Mahayana taught by the Buddha?

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Jun 22 10:33:13 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 09:53 -0600, Joanna Kirkpatrick wrote:

> Are "all" persons freed of the three poisons? i rather doubt it

I think some kleshas were spotted in or near Washington DC some time
back. My hunch is that politicians are likely to be nurturing their
kleshas long after everyone is is free of them.

Like Joanna, my admiration of (and going for refuge to) the Buddha would
not be diminished one iota (or even one mu) if the Buddha were "only" a
nice guy. Who needs more in this world than guys and gals whose niceness
is contagious?

--
Richard Hayes
http://www.unm.edu/~rhayes