FW: [Buddha-l] Laughing at enlightenment

Angela Sumegi asumegi at ccs.carleton.ca
Sun May 8 06:29:49 MDT 2005

At 06:49 PM 07/05/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>After decades of meditation practice, dozens of sesshins, probably
>hundreds of lectures and discussions with some extremely talented and
>erudite students of the way, I still do not know what is meant by
>non-dualism.

The inner light that Richard spoke of is as close as I can come to
understanding this term -- the idea that when I dream all the people,
mountains and rivers of my dream are not other than the inner light that
illuminates them -- the idea that all the ten thousand things that appear
in my waking life are not other than the inner light that illuminates them.

The problem with this way of thinking is that then we go looking for the
inner light, as though it were something other .......

Angela