[Buddha-l] Re: liturgical languages] (Richard P. Hayes)

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun May 8 16:13:46 MDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-08 at 17:29 +0800, libris wrote:

> Who told you I'm New Mexican?

Now that the home of buddha-l is New Mexico, we're all New Mexicans.
Unfortunately, New Mexico is now part of the United States, so I guess
it could be said to follow that we're all Americans, too. However, since
New Mexico is not REALLY part of the United States, or at least is only
temporarily so, the stigma of being America does not necessarily
accompany the pleasure of being New Mexican.

Here's a sobering thought: when New Mexico finally gains independence
from the USA, it will be one of the largest nuclear powers in the world.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy