[Buddha-l] Sanskrit and Tibetan in LaTeX/Emacs/AucTeX on XP

Tomoyuki Kono tomokono at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 13 03:15:53 MDT 2005

Hello.

> On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 16:11 -0400, Tom Troughton wrote:
> > I am setting up a tex/latex system on windows (miktex) and
> > wondered what comments people had about the various packages for
> > the two languages above. What about Pali?

I used to use Omega too but ran into trouble when I tried to write
something in Japanese. Fortunately there is another LaTeX package
which supports unicode, including CJK (Chinese, Japanese and Korean)
characters: UCS. I have successfully produced documents containing
Indic diacritics (including Vedic accents) and Japanese and Chinese
characters using UCS. It should be available for download at any CTAN
sites (link to mirrors can be found at www.tug.org). I hope this
helps.

Best wishes,
Tomo